Pallet racking can be configured in a variety of ways and systems, depending on the requirements of the customer and pallet load.
Drive-in racking is ideal for storing large quantities of the same type of goods, resulting in up to 90% more storage space compared to conventional pallet storage systems.
Drive-in racking is suitable for goods that can be stored on pallets behind or on top of each other, but ideal when greater access is required compared to block stacking. Pallets are stacked by the first in last out ( FILO) principle, pallets are accessed directly from the front of the rack.
As a form of block stacking, drive-in racking systems significantly increase the storage density in a warehouse.
Drive-in racking eliminates the need for loading and picking aisles.
Benefits of Drive-in racking
- High density storage-maximising cubic space
- More pallets stored per cubic metre than any other storage system
- Ideal for cold and chill storage applications
- Accesible by the first in, last out principle
- Used for bulk goods of the same type