Drive-in Pallet Racking Overview
Drive-in pallet racking provides a high density storage application utilising both area and height. Drive-in pallet racking offers the best solution when block stacking is not an option. Drive-in pallet racking is also great for storing those items not strong enough to be stacked.
Pallets are stacked by the first-in, last-out (FILO) principle on supports mounted on both sides of the drive-in channels. This means that individual pallets cannot be accessed directly, but one by one from the front of the rack.
Drive-in pallet racking is designed for storing large quantities of the same or similar product/pallet, which increases the storage space utilisation compared to conventional pallet racking.
Drive-in pallet racking is a good solution if storage capacity is a prime requirement of your warehouse. Each pallet is supported so damage from crushing is eliminated.
Two management systems are available: the drive-in system, with only one access aisle, and the drive-through system, with access to the load from both sides of the rack.
The system is frequently used in cold stores (refrigeration and freezing) which require maximum use of space for the storage of products in a controlled temperature.
Drive-in pallet racking offers the following benefits:
- First in, last out pallet rotation
- Each pallet is supported, eliminating damage to goods
- High volume storage up to 85%
- Great space saving in cold or chilled environments
- Use of conventional forklift trucks
- Limited stock rotation – particularly suitable for seasonal goods
- Ideal for cold and chill storage applications
- Used for bulk goods of the same type
- Removal of aisles between the ranking
Whether installing, maintaining or expanding – our professional installers offer a fast and safe installation.
All of our equipment is manufactured according to the highest quality and safety regulations. PD Industrial guarantees that rack installations fully comply with current SEMA standards.